Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Charles

Default Echinodorus Question

I have a plant I believe to be an Echinodorus, and I believe it was
sold as amazonicus. I always think I can remember what I buy, and
never can.

My new book, Aquarium Plants, by Christel Kasselmann, says the flower
bracts exceed the pedicels in length. in mine the bracts are about
7/16 inch long, the pedicels 1 and 1/4 inches long.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

thanks

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Bob Alston

I can't help you there but my E. amazonicus isent up a bloom stalk. It
split into three stems at the water surface. Several of the ends look
"burned" likely from the light heat up against the glass. Now I am
experimenting by leaving part of the glass cover open to see what happens.
One of the three branches is laying at the top of the water.

Got any pictures? I have a couple I can share but they don't show much yet.
Just green buds - no obviousl bloom/

Bob

P.S. MY sword fills up a little more than 1/2 my 55 gal tank.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Charles

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 02:05:45 GMT, "Bob Alston"
wrote:

I can't help you there but my E. amazonicus isent up a bloom stalk. It
split into three stems at the water surface. Several of the ends look
"burned" likely from the light heat up against the glass. Now I am
experimenting by leaving part of the glass cover open to see what happens.
One of the three branches is laying at the top of the water.

Got any pictures? I have a couple I can share but they don't show much yet.
Just green buds - no obviousl bloom/

Bob

Do you get alt.binaries.aquaria? I have some pictures I can shrink to
Internet size. No promise as to quality, tho.

_

- Charles
-
-does not play well with others
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
kush

Bob Alston wrote ...
Now I am experimenting by leaving part of the glass cover open to see what

happens.

I can tell you what happens to mine - the air is too dry and the stalk
invariably becomes desiccated. I trim it off to keep the rest of the plant
more vigorous.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Bob Alston

So you don't get a bloom? do you get any plant-lets?

Bob

Bob Alston wrote ...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Charles

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:17:43 GMT, "Bob Alston"
wrote:

In the mail

_

- Charles