Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default where do you buy plants online to ship in Canada

I live in southern BC, Canada. I was wondering where one could access a
really good aquarium plant wholesaler on then net? All of the pet stores
locally charge like 4 times too much and don't keep any popular types in
stock and don't know too much. I've been starting to collect some pictures
of the plants I want:

Smaller Plants:
Water Cabbage
Afzeli Anubias

Medium Plants:
Giant Anubias
Java Fern

Big Plants
Afzeli Anubias
Water Sprite
Amazon Sword

Where could I order these from Canada for great cheap prices?? THANX!!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Haywire

Java Fern should be easy to get in you local aquarium club. Same goes for
the Amazon sword and the sprite.

As for the mail order, I haven't done that yet.

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in
:

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
redled

Well, to order from outside the country is very expensive, so that's out. The
only online, canadian source is www.ottawaaquatics.com, and I wouldn't order
from there. I've heard bad experiences (people never getting orders) and I
emailed them once about shipping, and it took about a month for them to
respond (with a form letter completely irrelevent to my questions!)

In article , Haywire
wrote:
[...]

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Haywire

Hmmm, let me check with my local aquarium club (thursday night), I think
someone from the Can. Killie Associ. might be in the business.

(redled) wrote in
:

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ian Mather

I can send you some of the larger ones from my own tanks. or you can just
call Big Al's in Vancouver and pay for them over the phone and they will
greyhound them out to you.

I have extra large swords, Java fern attached or not, some annubias, amd
Water sprite.

Ian

PS - I'm in Vancouver, so it's cheap shipping.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Great!! That would be awesome. I'd LOVE some swords, annubias, and water
sprite, our stores rarely stock any of that stuff. I've gotten a pile of
java actually already. I've had two sword plants for a couple months, they
grow lots of new leaves but they are staying a weird reddish brown color.
I've heard that this is because of a lack of nitrates and that one can add
KNO3 to the water to increase the levels to about 10ppm...what do you think?

How many plants can you ship and what would be the costs?
thanx!
Dave.
P.S. I can't seem to send email to your account, it's returning back to me
as refused from the server. Do you have any other emails? thanx!

. ..

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ian Mather

I Can send 2 large swords and as many "baby" swords asyou'd like, I think I
have about 10 small oes about 2" high. As to the anubias, I can send 2
large ones.

email me direct at

We can finalize the shipping date ect.

Regards,

Ian

Proably the easiest
"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
Great!! That would be awesome. I'd LOVE some swords, annubias, and water
sprite, our stores rarely stock any of that stuff. I've gotten a pile of
java actually already. I've had two sword plants for a couple months, they
grow lots of new leaves but they are staying a weird reddish brown color.
I've heard that this is because of a lack of nitrates and that one can add
KNO3 to the water to increase the levels to about 10ppm...what do you

think?

How many plants can you ship and what would be the costs?
thanx!
Dave.
P.S. I can't seem to send email to your account, it's returning back to me
as refused from the server. Do you have any other emails? thanx!

. ..