Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
LM

Default basic aquarium plant fertilizer

Hi,

I'm getting set up for some low to medium light plants in my aquarium.

can someone recommend me a well-rounded fertilizer that I can use? liquid
form is preferable although I understand it may not be good enough for some
plants (like amazon sword..). Also if a general guideline if offered (how
much per gallon, etc) would be helpful. I think I'll be getting about 16
plants of various kinds (through trueaquariumplants.com)

thanks!

linda

ps. I'm still working on the lighting, so plant won't arrive for a while..
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Mentaloid

I would recommend Seachems flourish - it's pretty concentrated and very
cheap, but does an excellent job of plants growth. I was using tropica
master grow and was getting a lot of algae, then switched to flourish and
the plants are happier with less algae. $10 Canadian will buy you enough to
dose a 90 gallon for 3 months at mops.ca (500ML)

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
SteveG

Seachem Flourish -- is it a FERTILIZER?

I have it the refridgerator. I have yet to open it. I bought it during
Boxing day sale over at Big Al's (25% off) planning to use it as a
supplement to TMG.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
350X_Rider

I've used it for over a year, with great results, no algae to speak of...
well... not much....

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Chuck Gadd

You can check out the full details over at www.seachem.com

It's a trace element fertilizer. It contains no nitrates or
phosphates, and only trace amounts of potassium.

It doesn't contain as much iron as is needed in most tanks, which is
why they sell a seperate Flourish Iron....

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
SteveG

The old packaing says,"Flourish - Water Supplement for the Natural
Aquarium." And on the description, "A NON-FERTILIZER for ..."

I guess it's the old packaging. It's kinda confusing.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Chuck Gadd

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:54:03 -0800, "SteveG" wrote:

The old packaing says,"Flourish - Water Supplement for the Natural
Aquarium." And on the description, "A NON-FERTILIZER for ..."

I guess it's the old packaging. It's kinda confusing.

It's probably because of government requirements on any "fertilizer".
If you call it a fertilizer, you need to deal with lots more
government regulation.

Chuck Gadd
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua