Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Nsty N8

Default DIY Reactor?

Hello

I'm interested in building an external CO2 reactor for my tank. Currently, i'm
using my power filter's intake for the injection site, but it's rather loud. I
plan to use the outake "T" of my hot magnum. The part used to drive an optional
add on biowheel. I could easily make an internal (gravel vac) reactor , but I
don't want to take up precious plant space (the tank is only a 29gal).
Questions:
Would this be too much pressure for a reactor? Is there such thing as using too
strong of a pump?
How do you mount the internal or external reactor?
What diameter PVC or gravel vac should I use.
Could some1 provide a link that has detailed pictures and tips 4 me?

Thanks!

N8
Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Ghazanfar Ghori

I made one a few months ago and its working beautifully. Actually I've
got two now - for two different tanks and had to cut back on the CO2
I was pumping in because it's 100% efficient.
Plans for it can be found on my website.
http://www.aquaticscape.com/informat...co2reactor.htm

Ghazanfar Ghori

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM

Questions:
Would this be too much pressure for a reactor?

No.

Is there such thing as using too
strong of a pump?

Within reason, no. Not in your case.

How do you mount the internal or external reactor?

It can simply hang into the tank from above for the internal, the
external can hang vertically off the side of the tank and have a
return coming up from the bottom.

What diameter PVC or gravel vac should I use.

2 inches should do it, about 12" for the external.
Internal, you might want to use clear acrylic 2" dia and match it up
with some PVC fittings to connect with the spliced line.

Could some1 provide a link that has detailed pictures and tips 4 me?

DIY.

Some folks have DIY CO2 units for Fluvals, Ehiems etc, but few sites
will show you what you are trying to do.

Regards,
Tom Barr'

Thanks!

N8

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Aqua

How do you mount the internal or external reactor?
What diameter PVC or gravel vac should I use.
Could some1 provide a link that has detailed pictures and tips 4 me?

I am using DJ50 internal filter as my CO2 reactor. Here is it

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html

--
Thank You

Dominic