Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
redled

Default Anubias nana growth rate.

I've got a couple of anubias nana plants currently growing into some
driftwood. These are new, so I haven't had a chance to see how fast they grow
yet. Anyways, does anyone know about how long it might take for a nana to
double in size? I have about 3.2 wpg and DIY CO2 (usually 15-20 ppm, but I'm
working on that). I know it's hard to judge these things, I'm just debating
whether I should go and buy some more plants (I need more!) or if I'm patient
enough to wait for them to grow and propagate. TIA.

__
"Insert witty comment here."
-John
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Zerex

they grow pretty slow.....I know before I added CO2, I was getting about 1 new
leaf/month or so with 3 watts/gallon. I just started running the CO2 about a
week ago....so, I cant comment on the CO2 part yet....but they are pearling
nicely

--Jim
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
SteveG

I'm more inclined to buy new stem plants than slow-growers because
fast-growers have more effect on thier environment. If your reason for
hesitating to buy new plants because of 'economic' reasons, I'd wait for it
to get larger.

I used to have Anubias barteri 'coffeefolia' and it grew about 2 leaves a
month. I split mine every 6 leaves to give to friends and for trading in.