Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

Default Carbo-Plus CO2 System

Has anyone used this equipment. You place a unit containing a carbon bar
into your aquarium, plug in the control box, turn on, and it does the rest.
The control box tells you when to add a new carbon bar. It costs $149.99 and
replacement carbon bar is $34.99.
If it works, it sounds great. It is pretty costly, but if it works, it may
be worth it.

Thanks,
Ron Blocher

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

This information is very helpful. I'm planning to set-up a 55-60 gallon
tank, and have not had an aquarium in many years so I'm learning that the
hobby has changed considerably, and I have very much to learn.

Thank you,
Ron Blocher

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Has anyone used this equipment. You place a unit containing a carbon bar
into your aquarium, plug in the control box, turn on, and it does the

rest.
The control box tells you when to add a new carbon bar. It costs $149.99

and
replacement carbon bar is $34.99.
If it works, it sounds great. It is pretty costly, but if it works, it

may
be worth it.

See my brief review he

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/.../881/carbo.htm

If you do decide to get one, don't buy it new. You can get it much

cheaper
second hand. Heck, every once in awhile, someone posts here offering to

give
one away.

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave

"Ron Blocher" empowered us with this mighty blow
against the Patriarchy:

Has anyone used this equipment. You place a unit containing a carbon
bar into your aquarium, plug in the control box, turn on, and it does
the rest. The control box tells you when to add a new carbon bar. It
costs $149.99 and replacement carbon bar is $34.99.
If it works, it sounds great. It is pretty costly, but if it works, it
may be worth it.

Lots of posts on this system in the past, try doing a Google search.

My personal experience is that although it worked well, I lost three fish
about a day after starting the unit. After doing some research on the Web,
I found that some versions of the instructions that come with this unit
tell you to run it in a tank without fish for a couple of days, while other
versions don't mention this.

I believe that other people (LeighMo?) were able to run this unit in their
tank with fish immediately, so I can't say whether the unit was responsible
for my fish deaths, but I don't know what else it could have been. I
monitored pH constantly during those first few days, and it never went out
of my desired range.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

Thanks!

Sometime this summer we're getting a 55-60 gallon tank and a 180-250 gallon
tank. Probably will try using the Carbo-Plus CO2 System in at least one of
them. Will keep the group notified just in case someone else may be
interested.

Ron

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave

"Ron Blocher" empowered us with this mighty blow
against the Patriarchy:

Thanks!

Sometime this summer we're getting a 55-60 gallon tank and a 180-250
gallon tank. Probably will try using the Carbo-Plus CO2 System in at
least one of them. Will keep the group notified just in case someone
else may be interested.

Here's some interesting reading on the Carbo-Plus:

http://features.aaquaria.com/reposit...oplusco2.shtml

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

Thanks!!
This is very interesting and informative information. I guess the only thing
to do is to try it and see if I like it and if it does what I hope it will
do.
Ron

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

Thanks.
I guess I'll need to go the compressed gas route. Know nothing about it so
will need to do some studying.

Ron

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Sometime this summer we're getting a 55-60 gallon tank and a 180-250

gallon
tank. Probably will try using the Carbo-Plus CO2 System in at least one

of
them.

I think those tanks will both be too large for a Carbo-Plus. I think

you'd be
much better off buying a compressed CO2 system. You could inject CO2 into

both
of your tanks with it, and it would work a lot better than a Carbo-Plus,

given
the size of your tanks. It would also be cheaper, in the long run.

The Carbo-Plus is really best for small tanks. Maybe 30 gallons or less.
Remember, you're supposed to change at least 30% of the water weekly, to
prevent pH crashes. That's fine for a 20 gallon tank, but do you really

want
to have to change 30% or more of the water every week with a 250 gallon

tank?

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Cannibul

Default CO2 System

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:12:53 -0500, "J" wrote:

CO2 systems for sale on EBay.

High pressure fish killer!
Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Christopher

is this a bad brand?
"Cannibul" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:12:53 -0500, "J" wrote:

CO2 systems for sale on EBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...em=2306280 96
5

High pressure fish killer!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Iain Miller

"Christopher" wrote in message
hlink.net...
is this a bad brand?

No, just a troll.....

Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Huh ?

Trolling for suckers.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Cannibul

On Sun, 09 Feb 2003 19:26:09 GMT, "Christopher" wrote:

is this a bad brand?

It's not a bad brand, but if you use it as it comes you will kill your
fish. It needs a needle valve and a reactor. And wouldn't you know
the seller pulled it.

news