Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

Default Which brand of aquarium is best

Will be getting a couple of new aquariums in a few months. Have checked out
both All-glass and Oceanic brands and they seem to be good, but would
appreciate information from anyone that has had experience with them. Or
perhaps there is a better brand?

Thank you,
Ron Blocher

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
FRBSTRD

They are both owned by all glass
oceanic at least where i live their tanks come with glass lids and light strips
also glass cross bracing .as well as the plastic cross bracing

All Glass you get the tank .also the tank just has the plastic cross brace.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ian Mather

The other major difference is that Oceanic as a rule tempers their glass,
whereas All Glass only tempers the bottom of the tank..

Oceanic will only warranty their tanks if they are on an Oceanic stand.
Oceanic Warranty = 5years
All Glass has a 1 year warranty and it makes no difference what stand you
use.
Ian

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
DDD

If you plan on running a sump I strongly suggest the twin flow from AGA. It
is a little more but fool proof. I hate priming canisters.
If you ever have dreams of going into reefs a Oceanic Reef Ready is a better
bet as it can handle the much more needed flows.
Many people who buy acrylics eventually replace them with glass.

Drew

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ron Blocher

Thank you!
Ron

"DDD" wrote in message
. com...
If you plan on running a sump I strongly suggest the twin flow from AGA.

It
is a little more but fool proof. I hate priming canisters.
If you ever have dreams of going into reefs a Oceanic Reef Ready is a

better
bet as it can handle the much more needed flows.
Many people who buy acrylics eventually replace them with glass.

Drew

"Ron Blocher" wrote in message
Will be getting a couple of new aquariums in a few months. Have checked

out
both All-glass and Oceanic brands and they seem to be good, but would
appreciate information from anyone that has had experience with them. Or
perhaps there is a better brand?

Thank you,
Ron Blocher

planted aquarium/natural aquarium red406 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 04-05-2011 06:43 PM
What Brand Of Dog Food Is Best To Feed My Boxer? Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply Ponds 0 25-12-2007 09:24 PM
Best brand of tank sprayer? Ryan Lawns 0 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
which grass seed? Wilkinsons own brand? Niel A. Farrow United Kingdom 0 27-03-2003 07:44 PM
Best brand of tank sprayer? Ryan Lawns 0 18-02-2003 03:41 PM