Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Robin Pereira

Default Recent Tank Pics

Hello everyone, I have posted some tank pictures at

http://members.rogers.com/pereirar/

I have posted pictures in the past and some viewers expressed an interest in
viewing others. I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I enjoy and appreciate
the posts made to this list.

Regards,

Robin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Cichlidiot

Robin Pereira wrote:
Hello everyone, I have posted some tank pictures at

http://members.rogers.com/pereirar/

Those are *very* nice pictures and the tank looks great. What kind of camera
did you use to take the pictures?
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave Millman

Robin Pereira wrote:

Hello everyone, I have posted some tank pictures at

http://members.rogers.com/pereirar/

Wow is right! Great job on your tank and your photos, Robin!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Robin Pereira

The pictures were taken with an Olympus C-2100, 2.1 MegaPixel camera. As
cameras go it's not particularly "high-end". I think the pictures came out
well because I took the pictures with the room lights out, without use of
the flash, and the camera mounted on a tripod, which accounts for the
clarity of the images. It took a great deal of patience to capture the fish
while they were "resting". I also stayed quite a distance from the tank as
the fish tend to think it's feeding time when I go near the tank.

Robin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
stacey morris

Robin I hate you! Seriously though, the pics are great. I've recently
bought a digital camera, so I'll have to have a go!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Robin Pereira

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the kind comments. I don't have to tell any of you that a plant
tank is a labour of love (emphasis on labour). Bruce, the plant in the right
corner is described at the end of this message. The tank is 120g, 24 x 48 x
24 inches and the substrate is 100% black Fluorite. Black Fluorite is
actually gray not black. I would have preferred black.

Here's the plant info, which I copied from the Tropica site. I have the
plant attached to a rock which is great because I can move it around as
required.

Microsorum pteropus 'Windel˘v' is a patented variety of M. pteropus, named
after Tropica's founder Holger Windel˘v. Its finely branched leaf tips make
it one of the most beautiful aquarium plants. A hardy and easy plant for
both beginners and the more experienced. Best planted on a stone or tree
root (this is how Microsorum grows in the wild). If planted in the bottom
the horizontal rhizome must not be covered. This plant is not eaten by
herbivorous fish.

Best regards,
Robin

"Bruce Geist" wrote in message
Very beautiful pictures and wonderful tank. What a pleasure to look at !
You are to be congratulated.

What is the tank size? Also, what is the plant in the front right

corner?
Is your substrate black Fluorite?

-Bruce Geist

ble.rogers.com...