Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Mike K

Default Trimming Hygro

How do I trim Hygro? I have a stand that has grown above the water level and
needs some thinning but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
wigwack

Like trimming bonsai, I find the best way is to trim it back as close to
the remaining leaf as possible.... i.e. snip it just after the last leaf at
the point to where you want to shorten it, so that there is no stalk
sticking out.
If it's sunset hygro like mine, then the top part is the most attractive
part, so you might want to re-plant the end piece and it should grow roots
(just try NOT growing that stuff!!!)