GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   SVAS Planted Aquaria Open House Friday Jan 24 San Jose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16368-svas-planted-aquaria-open-house-friday-jan-24-san-jose.html)

Dave Millman 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

SVAS Planted Aquaria Open House Friday Jan 24 San Jose

Hi, all!

The Silicon Valley Aquarium Society is holding a Planted Aquaria Open
House on Friday, January 24 at 7pm in San Jose, California. To receive
the address and directions via email, please visit our web site at:

http://www.svas.info

The program is especially appropriate for planted tank newbies: we'll be
creating a planted tank from scratch! Helen has been gathering the
materials for weeks, so everything will be ready. Compact Flourescent
lights from AHS Supply, a gravel + Flourite substrate, the new Hagen CO2
system, and everything else are ready to go. We'll be following the
"Lots of fast growing stem plants first" methodology to give the plants
a head start against algae.

There will be lots of discussion about the various tradeoffs (there are
always tradeoffs!) and we'll have fun with the aquascaping as well.

Hope to see you there!

SVAS Planted Aquaria Open House
Friday, January 24 at 7pm
San Jose near Lawrence & 280