GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Green water or... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16376-green-water.html)

SLEngst 20-04-2003 06:20 AM

Green water or...

I do seem to have either the start of green water, and/or some yeast leakage
into aquarium, and/or fungus all suggested by you folk and any and all could be
valid. 50% water changes + seachem nitrogen givee temporary relief - like two
days and I'm back to square one. The Krib mentions, as solutions, diatom
filter or microfilter. I've been trying to use 50 micron sheets cut to size
for a prefilter and in the main filter. This is a 3.8 watts/gal. 30 gallon
tank. I suppose I could dim down but that won't cure the problem. Krib also
mentions UV filter. My tap water is UV filtered well water. This seems to be a
problem with only 1 of my 3 bright light tanks.

If I need a diatom filter - what would be the best purchase for the price? Any
other solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sharon Engstrom