Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Creno

Default Miracle-Gro

I've tried it. Got excellent growth with the liquid for houseplants, $2
squeeze bottle.

It won't harm your fish if you don't add too much. If you add too much,
the fish will get bloody welts and die.

Don't add more than 2 drops at a time in a 10 gallon tank. Eventually
the plants use it up and you have to put a couple of more drops, maybe in
a week or two - depends on how quickly your plants use it up. Monitor
the ammonia and nitrate levels.

Floating fast growth plants seem to love it and grow like crazy.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave Millman

Creno wrote:

I've tried it. Got excellent growth with the liquid for houseplants, $2
squeeze bottle.

It won't harm your fish if you don't add too much. If you add too much,
the fish will get bloody welts and die.

That sounds like hard won experience. Let's continue recommending that people
NOT use Miracle Grow, shall we?

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Ross Vandegrift

In article , Dave Millman wrote:
It won't harm your fish if you don't add too much. If you add too much,
the fish will get bloody welts and die.

That sounds like hard won experience. Let's continue recommending that people
NOT use Miracle Grow, shall we?

No - I think the honesty is an important point here. I come to the
internet over major news and information outlets because individuals
tend to be more honest about specifics than studies. If someone had
success with Miracle Grow, let them shout it from the mountain - and let
you add your advice about safety. Both are really important to someone
like me, who hasn't experimented with all aspects of planted tanks, but
it curious.

--
Ross Vandegrift

A Pope has a Water Cannon. It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it. It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it. It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it. It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced. It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official. It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive. He shoots them.
Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
AZ CO & CA

Thank you for all the advice on the subject.

CP
"LeighMo" wrote in message
If someone had
success with Miracle Grow, let them shout it from the mountain - and let
you add your advice about safety.

I'll add my advice about safety, too.

There's simply no need to use something as dangerous as Miracle Gro, when

there
are so many safer fertilizers available for the aquarium. Just because

you
don't see sores on the fishes at lower doses does not mean they aren't

being
hurt, and that they aren't suffering. Ammonia damages fishes' gills. It

can
weaken them permanently, and hence, shorten their lives. Shrimp, which

many of
us keep for algae control, are even more sensitive to nitrogen products

than
fish.

Miracle Gro for a plant-only tank might be fine, but it's cruel to use it

in a
tank with fish.

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Aquatic-store.com

Yes you can, I would suggest using other plant ed tanks products
because to much of miricle grow will crash your ph from my tests.

Marcus

Http://www.Aquatic-store.com

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:31:08 GMT, "AZ CO & CA"
wrote:

Can I induce an algae outbreak with MG,high temp 85 deg, 12-14 hrs
daylight?? is it harmful to fish & plants? I intend to run an experiment on
a cycled empty tank.

THX
CP