Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Allen Smith

Default Anyone use manure? What is the best mix and ratio to use?

I've never done anything such as this before so I can't help you here.
But I would have a concern with the soil floating up to the surface if
it isn't weighed down with a small layer of sand or gravel. All the
addititives adding to potting soil (esp. the fertilizer) I would
assume are lighter than water. Those little white balls in potting
soil definetely float at least.

^%spam (Creno) wrote in message t...
I'm doing a PLANT ONLY tank so the ammonia shouldn't be to much of an
issue. I read plants can tolerate to 20 ppm.

I plan on mixing potting soil and manure, with eq (exceptional quality
that's what it says on the bag) sludge.

I believe the ratio is 1/3 manure to 2/3 potting soil. Is that correct?

I just want to see what happens, if my crypts and other plants will go
through phenomenal growth or maybe not.

Thank you for any insight.