GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   amazon swords too small for 15 gal? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16427-amazon-swords-too-small-15-gal.html)

Dave M. Picklyk 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

amazon swords too small for 15 gal?

Hey guys, sorry about all the postings. Hopefully you won't 'mount st.
helen' on me.
ok,
I'm getting in a pile of amazon swords, many of them small little guys about
2-3 inches. Can I put these in my 15 gallon? Will they grow too tall? Will
they detect the surface and send out little runners?

Thanx!

Paul Disdle 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

amazon swords too small for 15 gal?

Depend what sort of swords you have as they do come in dwarf and xl

Paul

---

kush 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

amazon swords too small for 15 gal?

The leaves will usually just bend over and cover the surface - which is fine
if you have no understory plants to get shaded-out.