Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Aqua

Default USA - Mail order Flourite?

Which is best place to mail order Flourite? My LFS selling it for US$22.00
per bag.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
daniel godwin

http://www.bigalsonline.com has flourite 15.4 lb (7 kg) bags for $11.99
Shipping is $5.95 for up to $35.00, $6.95 for up to $50.00, $7.95 for up to
$75.00 I've purchased a filter and powerhead from them before. I was happy
with the service. They ship out of Niagara Falls, NY for U.S. based orders.
I live in NY, and surprisingly, wasn't charged tax. I assume that all
orders from the US are not taxed, because they are a chain store out of
Canada. Hope this helps.

Daniel

Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Aqua

http://www.bigalsonline.com has flourite 15.4 lb (7 kg) bags for $11.99
Shipping is $5.95 for up to $35.00, $6.95 for up to $50.00, $7.95 for up

$75.00 I've purchased a filter and powerhead from them before. I was

happy
with the service. They ship out of Niagara Falls, NY for U.S. based

orders.
I live in NY, and surprisingly, wasn't charged tax. I assume that all
orders from the US are not taxed, because they are a chain store out of
Canada. Hope this helps.

I think they have a different shipping rate for Flourite. The standard
shipping rate may not apply for Flourite. They add extra at the end.
Someone correct me if I am wrong. Anyway I sent mail to customer support.

Dominic

Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Tasslehoff

Try www.bigalsonline.com,
http://www.thatpetplace.com/
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=4870
http://www.azgardens.com/newsubst.htm
http://www.aquaticwarehouse.com/site...8-4CB9-92E9B43
CE9E668CE
http://www.thehiddenreef.com/webpage...m_flourite.htm

Any advice on getting some in Australia at a reasonable price? ie less than
AU$80 a bag. Do any Aussies out there know if importing it has any
customs/quarantine issues as its cheaper to surface ship a few bags here
otherwise.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
daniel godwin

I stand corrected. I looked on their description page, and nothing was
written about extra shipping costs. This is not consistient with their
site, as I've seen notes about extra shipping costs on wooden stands right
on the description page.

The information about shipping costs is noted when you add some flourite to
your shopping cart. On the checkout page, it says, actual shipping costs
based on weight. As this is the case, you probably will not save much by
ordering online or mail order vs. at your LFS. Depending on how much you
buy, your LFS may cut you a deal. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Daniel

Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Eric Schreiber

"Aqua" wrote:

Which is best place to mail order Flourite? My LFS selling it for US$22.00
per bag.

I bought a 15 pound bag from ThatPetPlace.com for $13.59, along with
about $48 of other miscellaneous (light) stuff. The total shipping
cost for the order, via FedEx Ground, was $8.90.

And, FWIW, I've been *very* pleased with ThatPetPlace. I've placed a
lot of orders there over the past several months, and not once have I
had a problem of any kind.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Daniel Whiting

I was looking for some and called up Big Al's.. Since I'm on the west
coast, it'd cost $14 extra in shipping for them to send it to me. I
luckily just found some at a LFS for $20.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:21 AM
E. Mito

In article , Daniel Whiting

From: Daniel Whiting
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:05:52 -0800

I was looking for some and called up Big Al's.. Since I'm on the west
coast, it'd cost $14 extra in shipping for them to send it to me. I
luckily just found some at a LFS for $20.

I bought a couple of bags of Fluorite from Big Al's and wasn't pleased at all.
I, too, am on the west coast and not so lucky to find any at my LFS, so decided
to pay for the shipping which was very expensive (don't remember the exact
cost, but I think $14 sounds about right). The boxes I received were recycled
(one of them was a box once used for liquor) and both were nearly in tatters
when I received them. One box had broken open; luckily the Fluorite was still
in it and the plastic bag was intact. I emailed them to let them know of my
dissatisfaction and they did not even bother to reply.

Drs. Foster & Smith, on the other hand, has never failed to satisfy me. The
one problem I had with them was with a bottle of Flourish that had opened and
leaked. However, they packaged it very nicely, bagging each bottle (I bought
two) with a ziploc to prevent any leakage through the box. When I wrote to
them about this, they were very gracious and apologetic, and immediately
shipped another bottle out to me free of charge.

Erica
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mitoem/mitoem/index.htm