GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   java moss in cold fresh water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16438-java-moss-cold-fresh-water.html)

JohnDoe 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

java moss in cold fresh water

Is it possible to grow moss and fern in a cold fresh water tank?

Mike Edwardes 20-04-2003 06:21 AM

java moss in cold fresh water

In article ,
(JohnDoe) wrote:

Is it possible to grow moss and fern in a cold fresh water tank?

Yes, as long as cold means room temperature, not freezing! Java moss
in particular will grow better at room temperatures thean "tropical"
temperatures.

Mike.
--
Mike Edwardes Tropicals
http://mike-edwardes.members.beeb.net

Aquatic-store.com 20-04-2003 06:22 AM

java moss in cold fresh water

I have some in my garagein a bucket that gets 12 hours of light with
temps around 50 and it grows . SLOwLY though.

marcus
http://www.Aquatic-store.com

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:03:57 +0000, Mike Edwardes