Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Zach987987987

Default roots in the most unexpected places

Just out of curosity, does anyone know why roots just seem to appear in the
middle of plants like my wisteria and most of the other long stemed plants?
Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Dave Millman

Zach987987987 wrote:

Just out of curosity, does anyone know why roots just seem to appear in the
middle of plants like my wisteria and most of the other long stemed plants?

They're too healthy. Try not treating them so well!

Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Richard Krush

Dave Millman writes:

Zach987987987 wrote:

Just out of curosity, does anyone know why roots just seem to appear in the
middle of plants like my wisteria and most of the other long stemed plants?

They're too healthy. Try not treating them so well!

Are you sure that's the reason? I have a Rosette sword (Echinodorus sp.)
which looks miserable (leaves are bent and deformed, etc.), but it has a
long "stem" with some more poor-looking new leaves and a whole bunch of
long, white roots that grow even from the upper 1/2 inch of the stem, just
below the water surface. My other plants aren't doing well either...

Regards!

Richard

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein
Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
Nestor 10

Richard Krush wrote in message ...

Are you sure that's the reason? I have a Rosette
sword (Echinodorus sp.)...

which is a heavy root feeder, not a stemmed plant as was mentioned - small
pieces of plant spikes pushed into the substrate around the rosette would
help

which looks miserable (leaves are bent and deformed, etc.)...

missing either calcium or potassium

but it has a long "stem" with some more poor-looking
new leaves and a whole bunch of long, white roots that
grow even from the upper 1/2 inch of the stem, just
below the water surface...

that's called a flower stalk - if it's above water and dry, will produce
flowers

My other plants aren't doing well either...

What types of plants. And what are your tank's parameters?...

--
-Y-

Nestor 10

".chkr" is for mail-bots