Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
cindy

Default Renewing CO2 generator

Has anyone tried this before?

I set up a CO2 generator mid-Dec. When the bubbles slowed down 3
weeks later, I simply dumped the first 75% of the solution (leaving
the sludge on the bottom), added more sugar, and refilled with water.
Bubbles started up again within a few hours - still going strong.
When bubbles begin to slow it is a sign of increased alcohol content
which kill of the yeast and/or reduced sugar load. By resupplying
yeast with sugar and diluting out alcohol content, the system can
reboot itself without any additional yeast. I think this would work
even if the bubbles stopped altogether. When I make beer, I bottle
after the bubbles have completely ceased in a 5 gallon carboy (3-4
weeks). I don't add any extra yeast when I bottle - just a bit of
sugar for carbonation.

Wouldn't this work indefinitely?

renewing lawn redrum United Kingdom 1 12-10-2006 10:43 PM
co2 generator sew crazy Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 10-01-2006 01:30 AM
Renovating / renewing a concreted and patioed garden James United Kingdom 2 04-04-2005 06:00 PM
DYI CO2 generator and cloudy aquarium S.Holmes Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 07-09-2003 07:05 AM