Old 20-04-2003, 07:22 AM
Stuart Mueller

Default Snails

Can anybody recommend what snails to have in my gourami tank. I am thinking
trumpet snails. I want to avoid the apple snails as they sound like they get
too big. As far as I've found out pond snails are a big no-no.

I think I have spotted a couple of Ramshorn snails in at the moment, I took
one out yesterday, it had a dark brown shell in a tight curl, it wasn't
trumpet shaped but rather round and the snail was stuck to the front glass.
However I have read that these relish hygrophilia, which I have quite a bit
of =(

So the only other one I can get is trumpet, unless there is another type. do
the trumpet snails eat algae, or left over food? I know they burrow through
the substrate.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Stu