Old 14-11-2007, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default Diluting Fluorish for small tank

I've got a small (1 gal) tank for my Betta that's got a good bit of plant
life for its size (some Bacopa, some Java moss, and a Java fern). I've got a
homemade yeast CO2 unit keeping CO2 at approximately 14-15 ppm (per dKH and
pH).

In my most recent water tests I found nitrates were at zero. In addition to
that, I've got cyanobacteria growing in the tank.

As part of trying to get things straightened out, I'm starting to fertilize
the tank. However, most of the recommended dosages are on the order of 5 ml
per 10 gallons. 0.5 ml is rather hard to meter out so what I'd like to do is
mix up a diluted mixture to make things more convenient. It would be more
convenient if my dosages of various fertilizers were pre-mixed into a single
mix, or a "per day" mix (containing whatever I'm supposed to mix in on each
day of the week).

I remember reading somewhere that certain fertilizer chemicals should not be
mixed together because they'll precipitate out and not be available to the
plants.

Am I totally off base here? Any suggestions?

--
David L. Burkhead "Dum Vivimus Vivamus"
"While we live, let us live."

Old 15-11-2007, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:38:07 -0500, David L. Burkhead wrote:

As part of trying to get things straightened out, I'm starting to fertilize
the tank. However, most of the recommended dosages are on the order of 5 ml
per 10 gallons.

5ml is 1 teaspoon which is 60 drops. 6 drops to a gallon.