GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Echinodorus Bleheri....turning darker (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16750-echinodorus-bleheri-turning-darker.html)

dGH 20-04-2003 06:24 AM

Echinodorus Bleheri....turning darker

Could anyone hazard a guess as to why my E. Bleheri has turned steadily
darker for the past 2 weeks?

When I bought it 2 weeks ago it was a nice shade of light green. The plant
seems to be doing well. It's "flower stalk" has 2 minature versions of
itself with about 4 roots each now. I was going to wait for a few more
roots to develop before I cut the plantlets off.

There is no algae on the plant. It has significantly changed colour to the
same shade as my Java Fern. A few of the leaves have been eaten by my clown
loaches, but otherwise it appears to be healthy.

Is this normal? I read somewhere that the plant can have anywhere from
light green to dark green leaves. Was just wondering if certain nutrients
(or lack of) caused the colour change.

Thanks for any input.

kush 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Echinodorus Bleheri....turning darker

:) This was the first newsgroup I ever used my real address on. Now, every
morning, I get to delete fifteen to twenty offers to share Ugandan
contraband, buy fuel oil on the black market, redeem my immortal soul for a
limited time only, etc., etc.

dGH wrote in message
.. .
Well, I want to thank you for at least getting me on a spam list.