GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Feeding fish in planted tank (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16760-feeding-fish-planted-tank.html)

Artur 20-04-2003 06:24 AM

Feeding fish in planted tank

How often should I feed my fish in the tank? I have three rummynose
tetra and three blue tetra in heavily planted 10g tank? I don't want
to get too much algea. Is it possible? Or will I get some algea here
and there? Tank is 7 weeks old and so far I only get a very very
limited algea...Please advise.

WD 20-04-2003 06:24 AM

Feeding fish in planted tank

"Artur" wrote in message
om...
How often should I feed my fish in the tank? I have three rummynose
tetra and three blue tetra in heavily planted 10g tank? I don't want
to get too much algea. Is it possible? Or will I get some algea here
and there? Tank is 7 weeks old and so far I only get a very very
limited algea...Please advise.

I'd feed them normally. With tetras, as much food as they'll eat in 2-3
minutes. I feed twice a day. Algae of some kind is almost totally
unavoidable, put a couple Otos in there, or a couple SAE's and you'll have
minimal problems. Also, being sure the plants are well fed will cause the
[plants to utilize nutrients at a quick rate, starving off any algae.