GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Planted Aquaria Nirvana in San Francisco (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16787-planted-aquaria-nirvana-san-francisco.html)

Dave Millman 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Planted Aquaria Nirvana in San Francisco

This is old news for most San Franciscans, but I live in San Jose, so
it's taken me 18 months in the hobby to achieve planted aquaria nivrana.

I am referring to a visit to Ocean Aquarium. It's a hole-in-the-wall
store on an alley off Geary street, with maybe 60 tanks along the walls
and lots of clutter in the isles (including a dog, a rabbit, a
chinchilla and some turtles). But EVERY SINGLE TANK IS PLANTED!!

Words fail me. If you live within 100 miles of San Francisco, or even
further, just go. You won't regret it. Plant delivery day is Thursday,
BTW. That's the day I went...

Justin & Ady Hau
Ocean Aquarium
120 Cedar Street
San Francisco, CA 94109

Phone 415-771-3206

Open 7 days per week.

[email protected] 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Planted Aquaria Nirvana in San Francisco

Then you will also be thrilled to go see Albany Aquarium, Guy Oei's
planted store as well. Across to the east bay right off 580/80 on San
Pablo Ave.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Dave Millman 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

" wrote:

Then you will also be thrilled to go see Albany Aquarium, Guy Oei's
planted store as well. Across to the east bay right off 580/80 on San
Pablo Ave.

Thanks, I've been there twice! He's bought big buckets of my cuttings.