GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Is it better to dose PMDD daily? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16821-better-dose-pmdd-daily.html)

Dave M. Picklyk 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Is it better to dose PMDD daily?

I've been wondering if it's better to does PMDD daily...so far I've been
doing it twice a week. I've been noticing a little algae spurt growth right
after I dose. Maybe if I do it in much smaller increments every day then the
algae will not take advantage of a larger dosing...and probably better for
the plants (being more consistant).

Thanx!

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Alex R 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Is it better to dose PMDD daily?

"Dave M. Picklyk" wrote in message
. ca...
I've been wondering if it's better to does PMDD daily...so far I've been
doing it twice a week. I've been noticing a little algae spurt growth

right
after I dose. Maybe if I do it in much smaller increments every day then

the
algae will not take advantage of a larger dosing...and probably better for
the plants (being more consistant).

For the macronutrients, I don't think it matters whether you dose them twice
a week or every day. But, IME, the frequency of dosing does make a
difference for iron. Iron doesn't stay in a usable form for very long. I get
less discoloration on new leaves when I dose the traces every day than when
I do it less frequently. But dosing more often would not starve the algae.
It might make the plants healthier, and reduce algae *that* way.
__
Alex