Old 20-04-2003, 06:25 AM
triathlon

Default Planted tanks without CO2

From Walt:

In my non CO2 tanks you can find
A. Reinecki
ambulia limnophila
aponogeton
bacopa caroliania
ludwigia repens
vesicularia dubyana
C. crispatula balansae
Rotala
Hygrophila polysperma
Sagttaria subulata
Anubias barteri

Tank setups...

30gallon: 4 40 watt flour bulbs, clay subsoil, natural gravel covered
about 2 inches deep, 80 degree F average temp, loaded with guppies,
using a dual biowheel filter. I have corydoras and snails here.

55gallon: 6 40 watt bulbs, clay substrate with natural gravel cover
about 2.5 inches deep 82 degree average temp, also loaded with guppies,
using a large trickle filter left over from my sal****er days. I dose
weekly with the recommended amounts of Seachem's Flourish and Flourish
Iron. Also use SeaChem Excel regularly for a bit of a boost. I have two
ottocinclus and two corydoras, and several golden mystery snails

I know I'm not the only one out there, anyone else care to chime in?