GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ottos in Planted tanks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16841-ottos-planted-tanks.html)

Frank Mamone 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Ottos in Planted tanks

I'm posting this here as many planted tanks have Ottos.

I notice that my Ottos get bloated. Have you observed this with yours?

Thanks

D&M 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Ottos in Planted tanks

I was told that's how you tell a healthy otto, by the pot belly. Pot belly;
healthy, well fed otto.

"LeighMo" wrote in message
I notice that my Ottos get bloated. Have you observed this with yours?

Only when there's a lot of algae in the tank for them to eat. The otos in

my
moderate-light tank are kind of skinny, because there's hardly any algae

in
there. In my high-light tank, the otos tend to look like they've

swallowed
little marbles or something.

Leigh

Empty 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Ottos in Planted tanks

"Frank Mamone" wrote in
:

'm posting this here as many planted tanks have Ottos.

I notice that my Ottos get bloated. Have you observed this with yours?

Yes. I suspect it is related to their work ethic ;)

~Empty

--
'You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love till it
kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other

350X_Rider 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Ottos in Planted tanks

mine are both, skinny, and bloated... one each....

Aqua 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Ottos in Planted tanks

I'm posting this here as many planted tanks have Ottos.

I notice that my Ottos get bloated. Have you observed this with yours?

One of mine looks like a Dinosaur age reptile.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

willis stanley 20-04-2003 06:25 AM

Ottos in Planted tanks

In article , dominic01
@kickmehargray.com says...
I'm posting this here as many planted tanks have Ottos.

I notice that my Ottos get bloated. Have you observed this with yours?

One of mine looks like a Dinosaur age reptile.

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

They're naturally chubby if given enough algae to eat.