Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
DWS

Default AzGardens - Shrimp ?

Anyone Ordered any Shrimp or SAES from azgardens?

Or any other fish?

Did they ship well? Any Deaths?

Thanks!

Dustin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Bob Alston

I ordered both in a single shipment. Overall, I was satisfied with them. I
concur that it is difficult to communicate with them. Also, make sure you
understand their standard shipping dates. I was a week off - my
misunderstanding - but caused me a lot of anxt.

--
Bob Alston

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Alex R

"DWS" wrote in message
Anyone Ordered any Shrimp or SAES from azgardens?

Or any other fish?

Did they ship well? Any Deaths?

I ordered a dozen Amano shrimp from AZ Gardens a while ago, but that was
before people started complaining about their communication problems with
customers. They all arrived alive, and the packing was exceptionally good.
They put a foam block in the bag for the shrimp to hold on to.
__
Alex

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
DWS

Wow - I did the search on deja.com -

Doesnt look like I want to be doing business with them - I called twice and
got a voice mail twice, thats not the service i prefer.

Ill check out the aquariumfish.net - Thanks !

Dustin

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Before you buy, go to www.deja.com and search on "AZ garderns"

Personally, I recommend aquariumfish.net. They have true SAEs, Amano

shrimp,
and lots of other cool critters. Their prices are reasonable, their
communication is excellent, and they know how to pack fish and shrimp for
shipping. They'll tell you what day your fish are arriving, so you can

wait
for them. And they gave me extra SAEs and Amano shrimp, in case some

didn't
make it. (They all did.)

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Craig Brye

Most people don't have a problem with their end results... it's just the
long delivery time and the terrible customer service!

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

"Alex R" wrote in message
.net...

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Craig Brye

I agree 100%. I recently ordered a book from them and waited for five weeks
before I got it. I kept calling and they kept coming up with excuses, and
then they sent it to the wrong address (their mistake).

--

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Most people don't have a problem with their end results... it's just the
long delivery time and the terrible customer service!

Agreed. They mean well, they just aren't terribly efficient. However, if

you
take a day off work to wait for a delivery of live fish and they don't

arrive,
sometimes more than once...well, it works out to be awfully expensive

fish!

Leigh

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
DWS

Im a book distributor -
I can kind of sympathize with them on the delayed shipping - Media Mail can
take upto eight weeks to be delivered, Ive had some shipments that took upto
11 weeks!

Its very low priority - thats why.

But if they sent it to the wrong address, then that is their fault.

Dustin

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Alex R

"LeighMo" wrote in message
Most people don't have a problem with their end results... it's just the
long delivery time and the terrible customer service!

Agreed. They mean well, they just aren't terribly efficient. However, if

you
take a day off work to wait for a delivery of live fish and they don't

arrive,
sometimes more than once...well, it works out to be awfully expensive

fish!

When I ordered mine, I didn't wait at home for FedEx. They made a delivery
attempt at 8 or 9 a.m., and left a note because no one answered. I picked up
the package later at the FedEx facility at about 6 p.m. The shrimp were
fine.
__
Alex

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Brian

--

"LeighMo" wrote in message
When I ordered mine, I didn't wait at home for FedEx. They made a

delivery
attempt at 8 or 9 a.m., and left a note because no one answered. I picked

up
the package later at the FedEx facility at about 6 p.m. The shrimp were
fine.

I ordered mine from AquariumFish.net. They told me when I ordered what

day
they would arrive. The day before, they sent me an e-mail reminder,

saying the
order would arrive between 11 am and 2 pm. At 12:30 the next day, they
arrived.
I was glad I didn't have to go pick them up that day, because there was a
terrible storm -- snow, rain, and sleet mixed. The critters were fine,

though.
The shrimp were packed 2 or 3 to a bag, with squares of foam for them to

cling
to. The bristlenose plecos were packed one to a bag, so they couldn't

suck on
each other, double bagged with one bag upside down inside the other, so

there
were no corners for them to get stuck in. The boxes were insulated with
styrofoam and had heat packs inside. Despite the storm, they arrived

on-time
and in great shape.

Leigh

I haven't ordered from AZGARDENS for several months but the plants were very
good. The first shipment of SAE's was largely the false siamensis, the
shrimp were correct. I called and they replaced the SAE's without charge to
me the next week. They were the correct fish the second time. They were
also very prompt in returning calls and e-mails at that time. I would order
again. -Brian

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Brian

"LeighMo" wrote in message
The first shipment of SAE's was largely the false siamensis,

I've heard that complaint about AZ Garden before -- that sometimes their

SAEs
are false SAEs. They blame supplier problems, but you'd think they'd look

at
the fish while packing them.

So what did you do with the false SAEs?

Leigh

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/halloween/881/\\

Well, I traded most of them to a LFS. I think I had 6 to begin with. 4 to
the LFS and two into a small ten gal slow growth tank. One of the two died
after about a month, the second went outside into the veggie filter part of
the pond and got to be about 6 inches long over the summer. He's currently
wintering in that small 10 gal again (admittedly cramped). I have black
neon tetras in that tank and he has never bothered any of them. -Brian