GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sources of KNO3? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16883-sources-kno3.html)

linda mar 20-04-2003 07:26 AM

sources of KNO3?

hi all,

ok. I finally got my nitrate test kit, and checked my water... and it reads
ZERO. so.. it's ammonia zero, nitrite zero, nitrate zero (kh/gh=3, pH~7.5).
hmm...

no wonder my plants aren't growing that much. I don't have enough fish to
maintain a good level of nitrogen compounds to sustain them (may be I should
dump in some gold fish in there...)

anyway, jokes aside...

earlier, someone also recommended that I add potassium. since I also need
nitrates, I guess the best thing to put in would be KNO3 so I can get both K
and NO3 in the tank in one shot. I keep seeing it mentioned but I haven't
quite made the correlation between the chemical and brand/product name..

now.. where do I get this?

linda

Rex Grigg 20-04-2003 07:26 AM

sources of KNO3?

A good source for KNO3, K2SO4, and other chems is www.litemanu.com
Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Rex Grigg 20-04-2003 07:26 AM

sources of KNO3?

The best part about www.litemanu.com is they only want $2.35 a pound
for high grade KNO3!

Earl D Fitzgerald 20-04-2003 07:26 AM

sources of KNO3?

Maybe I got into this discussion on the end but all the plant food in the
world isn't going to help unless you have decent levels of light and CO2.

I find that extra light and CO2 injection are the best ways to increase
plant growth.

Are you doing these things?

Earl