Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
D&M

Default Amazon Shouts, again

I lost the thread when I asked about this before, searched and couldn't find
it.

My Amazon's growing nicely, has a 2" shout with two sprouts, never flowered.
The shouts have about 5-6 leaves each and sprouting roots, should I anchor
the shout into the substrate, or let nature take it's course and let it do
what it's doing. The shout has stretched across the top of the tank. Also,
when are these shouts supposed to be snipped from the main plant?

Thanks

ps... My yoyo just loves these huge leaves to lounge in.

Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Bob Alston

You may have missed the flowers - they are quite small.

Not sure what you mean by a "2" shoot". But it appears they are at the
surface, have multiple leaves and at least some roots. I would say go ahead
and cut them off and plant. That is what I did. Most of them seemed to
have taken root in the gravel.

--
Bob Alston