GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lobilia cardinalis loosing leaves... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16892-lobilia-cardinalis-loosing-leaves.html)

Dave M. Picklyk 20-04-2003 07:26 AM

lobilia cardinalis loosing leaves...

I've planted my lobilias a little under a month ago. All the old leaves
(reddish) have fallen off or started to rott. One of the plants with the
most light seems to have perked up 3 or 4 daughter shoots from it's main
stem...the one further away is losing some leaves and the furthest is
loosing lots of leaves (simular to when a palm trees lower leaves die off
and it grows on the top with new ones). On all plants the top parts are
growing and expanding however. I have moved the furthest one towards the
light a lot more. I think these plants need extremely high light. They seem
to grow relatively slow. Any tips on how to take good care of these guys?
I've already read http://www.e-aquaria.com/des_lobelia.html and apparently
they are an undemanding plant.

(15 gallon long, 30-35ppm C02, PMDD, traces, 2wpg)
THANX!
--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Dave M. Picklyk 20-04-2003 07:26 AM

lobilia cardinalis loosing leaves...

Btw, I reduced my PMDD by about a week before this to control some minor
algae...could this be it? I heard that the lobilia needs it's macronutrients
like potassium and phosphates.

a...

Ghazanfar Ghori 20-04-2003 07:26 AM

lobilia cardinalis loosing leaves...

Chances are that it was grown emmersed when you bought it. Those
emmersed leaves will die off to be replaced with new immersed growth.