GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   liquid fert or tab fert (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/16907-liquid-fert-tab-fert.html)

Stuart Mueller 20-04-2003 06:26 AM

liquid fert or tab fert

I have a medium planted tank, with eloda, cabomba, giant hygro, normal
hygro, pennywort, bacopa and some assorted swords. At the moment I don't
fertilise, I use to use liquid fertiliser, but have stopped this for the
past couple of weeks. all my plants seem to be doing just great with the
exception of the normal hygro (polysperma?) this looks like it has a
nutrient deficiency (yellowy leaves and pin holes appearing) on the older
leaves. so I want to start fertilising again, however I don't like the idea
of adding fertiliser directly to the water, as I had a bad algae outbreak a
few months ago, that I think was due to too much fertiliser.

Would I be better off using the fertiliser tablets and just putting them in
the gravel near the hygrophilia, so in effect only the hygrophilia would get
the fertiliser, or would it make no difference if I add it to the water?

Stu