Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
dGH

Default Buying KNO3 - Wait for peacetime?

I live in Toronto. I wanted to try my hand at PMDD. I go into a pharmacy
and ask if they have potassium nitrate. The pharmacist accuses me of
wanting to build a bomb!!!!!! My retort to him was far from pleasant. My
only other choice seems to be buying from Homegrown Hydroponics. Then they
think you've got a grow house going! Considering in North York (just up
from Toronto), they guess that 1 in 10 rental houses is actually a pot
growhouse, this is getting kind of difficult to get a hold of. I don't even
want to attempt to buy from an American company as I fear the RCMP would be
breaking down my door if I tried to get KNO3 shipped to me.

What to do...............

Any Canadians here have any ideas of how to get the 4 main ingredients of
PMDD without being interogated?

Thanks in advance.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

I'm from BC. I've gotton my stuff at a Hydroponics shop in Burnaby. They
don't give a rat's ass about what you're doing with it. The pharmacist you
talked to was a total retard. How could make a big enough bomb out of 500ml
of KNO3 anyways?! Plus there are tonnes of ingredients you can get at a
local gardening store and grocery store to make a bomb...I've heard you can
even make a bomb from your own pee. Toronto is a big enough city to have
hydroponics shop in...I'm sure there are people there that would be able to
sell you stuff. If not, I can try find the phone number of this place in
Burnaby. They will ship stuff.

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Andrew Roberts

dGH wrote:

Any Canadians here have any ideas of how to get the 4 main ingredients of
PMDD without being interogated?

I've purchased nutrients from Homegrown Hydroponics in Markham. Who
would think you have a growhouse going? If you are worried about being
traced to purchases there, pay in cash.

I had a conversation with the owner there and she does some business
with aquatic gardeners, including CO2 tanks.

Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM

I go into a pharmacy
and ask if they have potassium nitrate. The pharmacist accuses me of
wanting to build a bomb!!!!!!

Actually, what about gasoline? The stuff folks put in their cars. They
don't accuse folks of using that for bomb during a full up although
it's much more explosive. Funny how that
is.............................people worried about a pound of KNO3 vs
a tanker full of gas.

Some folks have been in the "Drug business" a bit too long. Perhaps
the Pharmacist was on the reefer and got paranoid?

There are too many things out there that can cause destruction.
Regulating _everything_ is not the way to prevent this. A few things
yes, ammonium nitrate in large amounts, nukes etc. But stump remover?

I can get blackpowder and KNO3 for that and none ever would say
anything about it (It's okay, he got a licence yesterday at the gun
show).

Regulate Guns and ammo? That would be Communism! No wait, new buzz
word Terrorism. Only a terrorist supporter that hates Amerika would
want to regulate gun ownership. There, now that sounds better.

Every few months this happens to folks on these boards. It really is
offensive to be accused of such poppycock by someone who is suppose to
be serving you. Call the manager ASAP and bitch like hell. If you are
buying a truck load/big bag of ammonium nitrate, that's different and
they also have permits for this so there is some regulation.

It's one thing to wrongfully accused of pretty stealing, it's another
to wrongfully accused of committing a felony bombing.

I'd take it personally and call the store up and talk to the manager.
I'd expect nothing less than the guy groveling at your feet in
apology.

Suspecting everyone and eyeing your friend and customers is simply
nothing short of Orwellian.

Regards,
Tom Barr
Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Craig Brye

I got the same sort of remarks when I bought my KNO3.

--
Craig Brye
University of Phoenix Online

. ..

Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Andrew Roberts

Bob Alston wrote:
Why not buy stump remover from a local hardware store. No-one will assume
anything except you got a stump to get rid of.

Bob, I live in the same general area as the original poster. FWIW, I
looked in just about every hardware/gardening store around last summer,
and _none_ of them carried stump remover. When I asked why, they
explained "Because it is dangerous." Hmm.

The search for KNO3 eventually brought me to the hydroponics outlet.

--
Andrew Roberts, Richmond Hill Ontario
royalwulff(at)sympatico(dot)ca

Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
zxcvbob

Bob Alston wrote:

Why not buy stump remover from a local hardware store. No-one will assume
anything except you got a stump to get rid of.

Bob

What's the fun in that???

Regards,
Bob (no relations)
Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Bob Alston

OK, then tell the hardware store guy what you are going to use it for. He
won't believe you anyway.

Bob

--
Bob Alston

Old 20-04-2003, 07:26 AM

" When I asked why, they
explained "Because it is dangerous." Hmm.

Tell that person they ought not to drive. Might get run over. Or go
too close to a gas station. Might catch fire. They sell paint thinner,
it blows up too? Don't even have to mix it.

They still sell that.

There are LOTS of "dangerous" items at a hardware store. They still
sell those items. They still sell guns.

Someone is smoking the good stuff and getting paranoid.

Orwell's 1984 was right even if he was off a few years.

Where do they grow these people? Because they are simply not using
their heads and accusing the customers of planning felonies and saying
things that make absolutely NO SENSE.

I'd raise hell with the management and ask them why they sell anything
at all since it's damn near all dangerous. "We don't sell timers
anymore cause terrorist make bombs with them".

Where does this line of vile thinking end?

Regards,
Tom Barr