Old 21-04-2003, 10:20 PM
Matt Hanson

Default Best price on CO2 equipment?

I've been doing some comparison shopping, but still don't believe I'm
finding the best price on CO2 setups.

Will someone please help me out - I'd like to know what some of the best
prices for a CO2 cylinder and regulator are right now, and where to find
them.

Also, I remember awhile back, some people here were using a needle valve
purchased at the home depot for fine tuning. If you have the
information, (part number, description, etc.) I'd be happy to have it.

Thanks.

Old 22-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Aqua

http://www.dlink.org/aqua/CO2.html

--
Thank You

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua

Old 22-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Bob Alston

Take a look at my web site

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/Aquaticplants.htm

Scroll down to the "High Pressure CO2" section. There are links showing my
CO2 setup and where I got everything. I also have a link to a document
containing information on all kinds of needle/metering valves.
--
Bob Alston
918.494.4913

Old 24-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Bob Alston

I agree with the earlier post on Rapids Wholesale. For info on needle
valves and other equipment, take a look at my web site. Scroll down to the
"Pressurized CO2" section.

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/aquaticplants.htm

Note the entry on the Tunze needle valve. Still checking it out but it may
be the best kept secret as far as needle valves.

--
Bob Alston
918.494.4913

Old 26-04-2003, 04:32 PM
nikolay_kraltchev

Talking from experience - best and cheapest:

- Get a double gauge CO2 regulator from e-bay.
Look for the Beverage Factory regulator. $45 including shipping.
Ordered 2 times from them - great service both times

- Get A GOOD needle valve
Forget the $5 Home Depot. It does work but it feels and adjusts like
crap.
Go for the needle valve that Marine Monsters used to sell, may stil
have it. It's a valve made by Clippard. Floridadriftwood has it -
will be $30 or so with shipping. Too expensive, but that's the best
valve out there for now.

- Get a check valve.
A cheap one = $.99 from any pet store will do for long enough. Later
get a metallic one.

- Get a full CO2 bottle from a local gas or beer brewing shop. Got to
be $50 - 60 for a 5 lb. bottle. When transporting - have the bottle
upright in the trunk of your car, not in the car with you.

- Forget CO2 reactors or diffusers. Stick the end of the CO2 tubing
into the canister filter intake.

Attach the needle valve to the regulator using a 1-1/2 inch of clear
hose (Home Depot). Just slip it on the barb that the regulator comes
with and slip the needle valve on the other end. Leave the whole
thing in the room, NOT under the tank for 2-3 days to make sure the
bottle does not release the gas tru the safety valve for some reason.
Done.

Total cost - $120-130. You will have the best out there for the least
money.
Tried and true.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:57 PM
Slow Leak

I would still usea Ph controller in a sump style wet dry filter. It is very
easy to clean and maintain.

I use a diffuser as well as canisters will plug with co2 injection
eventually. The diffuser runs off a T. Never failed in 3 years.
Slow Leak

om...