Old 22-04-2003, 12:56 AM
linda mar

Default crypt leaf curl?

Hi all,

I have several different crypts (wendtii, lutea, etc). they've been doing
very well until recently, they seem to have started to "curl" their leaves.

the leafs curl along the long axis of the stem, with the upper surface side
out (sort of curling so the backside is on the inside of the curl)...
although they are not totally curled up like a tube, but it's very obvious
that the leaves are curling up.

I assume this is some nutrient deficiency thing.. what is it indicative of?

new leaves from the swords are nice and green, so I assume it's not iron
deficiency..

linda

Old 22-04-2003, 12:32 PM
LeighMo

It might be normal. My crypt leaves tend to curl when they get old and big.

Leigh

Old 22-04-2003, 01:56 PM
350X_Rider

isn't that part of the characteristic of a crypt? a wrinkled looking kinda
leaf? Mine do it, at the tip, and on the 1/8" edge of the leaf from stem to
tip... unless mine are deformed too..

Old 22-04-2003, 09:20 PM
linda mar

ok. that's good to know. it wasn't all that curled when I got them (wavy
edges, yes.. but not curling back), so.. I was wondering if something is
happening to them that was not ideal.

thanks!

linda

Old 23-04-2003, 05:24 PM
350X_Rider

I"m posting a few crypt pics on the binaries group, or you can see them here
at
www.etcvsg.com/images/Buddy

2 are somewhat smaller, but the larger one is a good pic of the curling....

Old 24-04-2003, 03:32 AM
LM

Hi!

yes! it looks like that.. thank you! I feel much better :-) thank you
for making the extra effort! much appreciated..

you have an interesting-looking crypt with interesting vein/varigation :-)

linda