Old 22-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default crypts putting out many fine roots above substrate

My crypts are putting out lots of fine roots above the substrate. Are they
trying to get nutrients from the water? Why would they be doing this?

Thanx,

--
Dave Picklyk
www.picklyk.com/aquascape

Old 02-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Greg G.

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:07:40 GMT, "Dave M. Picklyk"
wrote:

My crypts are putting out lots of fine roots above the substrate. Are they
trying to get nutrients from the water? Why would they be doing this?

Thanx,

Well, no one else has responded to your query, so I'll give it a shot.
Mine did the same thing when the tank was new, and a 'ring' of mulm
surrounded the plant. I did not use a 'soil additive' and so the
roots were finding little nutrition there. It is my belief that until
the gravel eventually fills with fish waste (fertilizer) that they
demonstrate this behavior. Now that the gravel has become more
'nutritious', they have markedly reduced this behavior.

Greg

Mr Lincoln putting out weak blooms ncstockguy Gardening 3 10-05-2010 02:22 PM
Putting out fertilizers! dyork Lawns 6 27-03-2007 05:09 AM
When should you start putting food out for the birds again? Mike United Kingdom 10 06-10-2006 12:43 PM
What is the term for "stops putting out new growth in certain spots" JJ Gardening 0 05-05-2004 05:02 PM
Tomatoes - potting on and putting out Sweet 100 David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 0 19-05-2003 07:56 PM