Old 24-06-2008, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Default DIY aquatic fertilizer question

This URL contains a formula for making a "poor mans fertilizer" for
aquariums.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/m...0103180400.htm

Although the article is quite complete in the ingredients and amounts,
it does not give a dosage per gallon or per ten gallons, etc.

Anyone using this and if so, in what amount(s)?

Thanks in advance,
JS
Old 24-06-2008, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

John Smith wrote:
This URL contains a formula for making a "poor mans fertilizer" for
aquariums.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/m...0103180400.htm

Although the article is quite complete in the ingredients and amounts,
it does not give a dosage per gallon or per ten gallons, etc.

Anyone using this and if so, in what amount(s)?

Thanks in advance,
JS

This newsgroup appears slow if not dead! (I am new here and guessing, of
course ...)

However, here is more info on "Poor Mans' Dosing Drops" (PMDD):

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertil...-tim.html#roll

Regards,
JS
Old 19-07-2008, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

John Smith wrote:
John Smith wrote:
This URL contains a formula for making a "poor mans fertilizer" for
aquariums.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/m...0103180400.htm

Although the article is quite complete in the ingredients and amounts,
it does not give a dosage per gallon or per ten gallons, etc.

Anyone using this and if so, in what amount(s)?

Thanks in advance,
JS

This newsgroup appears slow if not dead! (I am new here and guessing, of
course ...)

However, here is more info on "Poor Mans' Dosing Drops" (PMDD):

http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/Fertil...-tim.html#roll

Regards,
JS

Sadly, all these groups appear dead. Here's hoping we can bring some
life into them.

Andy
Old 19-07-2008, 04:51 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

Andy Pastuszak wrote:

Sadly, all these groups appear dead. Here's hoping we can bring some
life into them.

Andy

Well, what is the deal? Everyone else is somewhere we SHOULD be?

Or, everyone has given up aquariums--I have a hard time with that--for
some reason ...

Regards,
JS
Old 21-07-2008, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

John Smith wrote:
Andy Pastuszak wrote:

Sadly, all these groups appear dead. Here's hoping we can bring some
life into them.

Andy

Well, what is the deal? Everyone else is somewhere we SHOULD be?

Or, everyone has given up aquariums--I have a hard time with that--for
some reason ...

Regards,
JS

There was a post in another group saying there was some kind of war on
the newgroups, people started posting spam, and then everyone left. I
think we should try and bring it back.

Andy

Old 30-07-2008, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants

On Jul 21, 10:31*am, Andy Pastuszak wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Andy Pastuszak wrote:

* ...
Sadly, all these groups appear dead. *Here's hoping we can bring some
life into them.

Andy

Well, what is the deal? *Everyone else is somewhere we SHOULD be?

Or, everyone has given up aquariums--I have a hard time with that--for
some reason ...

Regards,
JS

There was a post in another group saying there was some kind of war on
the newgroups, people started posting spam, and then everyone left. *I
think we should try and bring it back.

Andy

can't hurt to try.

BTW I laid down a bag of potting soil marbled with some local sand and
mud for my tank. It took a few days to settle down but it been
working fine for me for a year now. Since then it has essentially
been fertilized by fish food. What is a rich man's fertilizer like?

Complete aquatic plant fertilizer for fishless tank? Elaine T Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 23-02-2005 01:54 PM
aquatic plant fertilizer JLu3140998 Ponds 2 02-03-2004 05:12 AM
Bulk aquatic fertilizer? EJ Ponds 1 08-05-2003 06:32 PM
Aquatic fertilizer? Iman Mostafavi Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 07:23 AM
Aquatic fertilizer? Iman Mostafavi Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 20-02-2003 04:48 AM