GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   temperature of yeast CO2 factories (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/17698-temperature-yeast-co2-factories.html)

vedran 26-04-2003 08:47 AM

temperature of yeast CO2 factories

Correct me if I'm wrong: i suspect that the higher the temperature of the
yeast mixture, the higher the production of CO2.

But, what is the optimal temp. range? And, how do I heat it? I was thinking
of putting a small tank heater directly in the yeast mixture (small thing,
15w), but, would that be dangerous as there is NO water movement?

Thanks in advance,
Vedran.

WD 26-04-2003 03:56 PM

"vedran" wrote in message
Correct me if I'm wrong: i suspect that the higher the temperature of the
yeast mixture, the higher the production of CO2.

But, what is the optimal temp. range? And, how do I heat it? I was

thinking
of putting a small tank heater directly in the yeast mixture (small thing,
15w), but, would that be dangerous as there is NO water movement?

Thanks in advance,
Vedran.

The prefered method is to place your co2 botle in a bucket, fill bucket with
water and place heater in the bucket.

SLEngst 05-05-2003 12:20 AM

temperature of yeast CO2 factories

I've used the heater in the bucket for a couple years and it can be a pain - as
the water evaporates off pretty fast. I've switched to reptile heater pads in
a box with insulation and the yeast bottles. I put them on a timer with the
lights and some reduction in CO2 production seems OK at night and the batch
seems to last longer.