Old 30-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Vincent

Default aquariumfish.net arrivals

Hi,

I only buy them as feeders, dun know if they can survive very well in
planted situation. Anyway, I am also new in the planted arena as I was
breeding bettas all along.

One more thing that I remember, when I search for thd pics of yamato
shrimps (amano), I kept thinking where I've seen these shrimps before.
After much thinking, I realised that I once purchased a 100 pieces to
feed my cichlids.

Vincent
Old 01-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Bob A

Yes, that's a good point, maybe that's the reason they don't require a
signature. Like I said, I really didn't mean to be putting them down that
much. I like good communication whenever I order most things, so next time
I will phone my order, and ask any questions.

thanks,

bob

"Christopher" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
you don't have to sign for them because if they require a signature and

you
are in your bathroom taking a shower when they come then your package gets
taken back to the facility (at the end of the day) so best case scenario

is
instead of getting your package at 11am you get it at 8pm. I guess they
figure its better for you to get it earlier than later. They overnight

the
fish from san diego so you are probably getting them ~20 hours after being
bagged, add 9 hours to that and I'll bet you would have a lot higher
mortality rate. What they are doing is smarter for the fish and incures
more liability for them because you could not be home until that evening

and
then when you get the fish you could claim losses that YOU were

responsible
for and blame them for it since they have no way of knowing when you got

the
package.

I was pleased with aquariumfish, although I wouldn't go buying ghost

shrimp
from them, $.40 each is riddiculous, some of their fish are really good
deals, others are not.

"Bob A" wrote in message
I wanted to thank everyone who responded, in one post, thanks! I am
encouraged that the shrimp may be well, after all. And probably they

are
Amanos.

I do wish I had prepared by having a smaller, less crowded tank to start

the
shrimp and smaller fish in. The Panda Corys are incredibly cute.

I'm
glad yours did well Leigh. Can you tell me how big they are now?

Someone said aquariumfish.net sounded like it was not a good place to

order
from, I really don't want to put them down. Mainly I would agree with

Leigh
that email service was lacking. I also did not have to sign for them,

and
that really surprised me. If I ever order from them again, I will do it

by
phone and ask questions.

thanks again,

bob

Old 01-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Bob A

"LeighMo" wrote in message
some snipped

Whoops, I guess I shouldn't read and then make a general reply to all, I
gave the wrong name. I'm very sorry.

A bit of humor though, on the signature deal... I waited anxiously all day
(they didn't arrive until 4:30) and must have run to be ready for the FedEx
truck 20 times, thinking I'd heard it. He wasn't going to get away from me.

Again, I apologize, I should be more careful.

thanks,

bob

Mainly I would agree with Leigh
that email service was lacking.

I didn't say that. I think Erika did. I found their e-mail service very

good.
I was told when I placed my order when it would be delivered, and I got
another e-mail reminder the day before. I also asked them questions a

couple
of times, and they got right back to me.

I also did not have to sign for them, and
that really surprised me.

I like that, personally. I hate when they won't leave a package without a
signature, and you have to either drive an hour to their warehouse or wait
until the next day.

Leigh

Old 12-06-2003, 10:32 AM
donovan n

Amano shrimp have brown dots on their sides and a brown/black line down
the center of their back. But this coloration seems to fade with stress. I
have 10 Amano shrimp in my 30 gallon long tank and I never see more than one
or two at a time normally. If I pick up the driftwood tho there are alot
under it, like cockroaches=p. After 2-3 weeks my shrimp became braver and I
see quite a few out and about now, especally at feeding time. Remember that
in their natural habitat amano shrimp must have been pretty near the bottom
of the food chain, so they are naturally shy.. Just give them a week or two
to acclimate.

--donovan

Old 12-06-2003, 02:56 PM
JEB

This is good to hear. I have a new tank with 5 Amano and since the
second day never see more than two. Searched the tank, the floor, you
name it. But there are places to hide that I can't see into because
of the aquascaping.

James