Old 30-04-2003, 07:32 AM
DWS

Default Fish Foods - Where to get them in bulk cheap?

I know this is a plant board - but i know alot of you through posts and
value your op. Any cheap bulk food places for the fishes that reside in our
planted homes?

Thanks

Dustin

Old 30-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Robert Flory

"DWS" wrote in message
I know this is a plant board - but i know alot of you through posts and
value your op. Any cheap bulk food places for the fishes that reside in

our
planted homes?

Thanks

Dustin

Do you have any local breeders? I buy three types of flake that I like from
a local Angel breeder (Walnut Creek, CA) He actually sells flake on the net
http://www.angelswest.com/ He has some nice fish.

Bob

Old 30-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Dave Millman

DWS wrote:

I know this is a plant board - but i know alot of you through posts and
value your op. Any cheap bulk food places for the fishes that reside in our
planted homes?

I've been feeding both my tanks on a $0.79 box of Gerber baby oatmeal for about
three months now, and I still have half the box left.

Of course, I process the oatmeal through a little plastic bin of grindle worms
first. The fish get pretty darn excited come feeding time...

Old 01-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Robert Flory

"Rich Conley" wrote in message
Hes a nice guy too...deal with him all the time on

www.awforum.net/angelfish

I think so too, he gave my grandkids the tour one Saturday afternoon. Blew
their minds. I was impressed. He only uses sponge blocks for filtration
and breeds fish in the same tap water I have, his tanks are a bit above 7 pH
and way too hard, in theory anyway, for angel fish. Make me wonder why I
fight mine so much

Bob

Old 03-05-2003, 01:44 AM
LeighMo

Big Al's sells fish food in bulk.

However, I don't think it's worth buying fish food in bulk unless you have a
*lot* of fish. It's perishable. Once you open it, it should be used fairly
quickly -- within a few months, say. You can extend its life by keeping it in
the fridge, but still, I wouldn't want to buy too much fish food at once.

Leigh