Old 17-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Kelvyn Shaw

Default Adding Potassium - any thoughts

Sulphur is a macro nutrient and will be provided by SO4.
I found a table the relative nutient usage but i dont know how correct it
is.

appox G/Ltr % of total Ratio to Fe
N 1.41 6.41% 3.06
K 13.80 62.53% 29.84
S 5.19 23.50% 11.21
Mg 0.95 4.32% 2.06
Fe 0.46 2.10% 1.00
Mn 0.13 0.60% 0.29
Zn 0.03 0.12% 0.06
Cu 0.01 0.03% 0.01
Mo 0.00 0.01% 0.01
B 0.08 0.38% 0.18
Co 0.00 0.00% 0.00
And two important quanities
NO3 6.26 -- 13.54
SO4 15.56 -- 33.63

Old 17-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Martin

Kelvyn - Thanks for that, did you get my email regarding that chemical
company? I thought it was better to send it via email instead of posting it
up here!

Have you contacted them?

Old 17-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Kelvyn Shaw

I got the email, thanks for that, but have not contacted them yet.

Old 17-07-2003, 08:45 PM
Kelvyn Shaw

The reason i want trace elements without Iron in them is because i have 100%
flourite gravel. So i dont need to add as much iron if any, but cutting down
on iron would also mean limiting trace elements unless i can get trace
element without iron.
I have found out that www.animal-house.co.uk/ has started selling Kent
marines aquabotanic range of pmdd www.kentmarine.com/html/botanica.html
which has trace element-iron mixture.