GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/21291-pressurized-co2-diffuser-reactor-recommendations.html)

Troy Bruder 08-05-2003 04:08 PM

Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations

Hello,

I'm running a pressurized CO2 injection system in my 30 gallon planted
tank... Currently, I'm using a membrane diffuser from M3... but I'm
concerned about it's efficiency. Anyone have any other products they would
like to recommend??

Thanks,
Troy

Bob Alston 08-05-2003 06:56 PM

Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations

I like my Plant Guild reactor.

http://www.plantguild.com/html/power_reactors.html

--
Bob Alston

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/
"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm running a pressurized CO2 injection system in my 30 gallon planted
tank... Currently, I'm using a membrane diffuser from M3... but I'm
concerned about it's efficiency. Anyone have any other products they

would
like to recommend??

Thanks,
Troy

08-05-2003 07:20 PM

Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations

I've got the almost same exact one, from www.floridadriftwood.com but yours
looks like it's got something different in the bottom... what is it??

.. .

Bob Alston 08-05-2003 08:31 PM

Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations

Only thing at the bottom of mine is the yellow sponge. I think
floridaDriftwood resells the one made by Plant Guild; I know other aquatic
stores do.

--

wrote in message ...
I've got the almost same exact one, from www.floridadriftwood.com but

yours
looks like it's got something different in the bottom... what is it??

.. .

staring@tanks 08-05-2003 08:56 PM

Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations

I feel so scammed... I paid more, and I really don't like that little thingy
at the bottom, it always gets gunked up with brown stuff and ends up
clogging, when you try to clean it, you end up polluting the whole tank with
brown goo....

.. .

wrote in message ...
I've got the almost same exact one, from www.floridadriftwood.com but

yours
looks like it's got something different in the bottom... what is it??

.. .

Bob Alston 08-05-2003 11:32 PM

Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations

I set it initially at 1 bubble per second for my 55 gallon. Then neasure Kh
and pH and calculate co2.

I use Chuck Gadd's calculator:
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

Then adjust bubble rate. This can be done two ways: a) turn off the Rio
pump so you can more easily see the bubble rate; or b) remove the small
plastic piece to which the co2 tube is connected. You can then watch/set
the bubble rate and re-insert it into the reactor.

Mine works great. Only issues a a) occasionally the pump input gets
clogged; but not too often; b) periodically, the sponge on the bottom
"blows" off and I have to retrieve it. No big deal.

--
Bob Alston

http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/
"Troy Bruder" wrote in message
Bob, looks good thanks.. How do you "set" the CO2 bubble rate???

.. .

Dave Millman 09-05-2003 12:44 AM

Troy Bruder wrote:

Hello,

I'm running a pressurized CO2 injection system in my 30 gallon planted
tank... Currently, I'm using a membrane diffuser from M3... but I'm
concerned about it's efficiency. Anyone have any other products they would
like to recommend??

Here's one more vote for the Plant Guild reactor. Bubbles go in, but they don't
come out. That's 100% diffusion, at least to the limit of my visibility.

WhiskerFish 09-05-2003 12:56 AM

Pressurized CO2 diffuser/reactor recommendations

I know the general thought is that Planted tanks should not use UGF's
but mine does and my diffuser is my UGF tube. CO2 is injected in the
bottom of the tube and then gets Vaporized or atomized when it hits
the power head. It just dissapears. I am sure I am not getting 100%
but it seems to disolve a lot.

WF