Old 13-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Vincent

Default something to read about

Hi,

just wondering if anyone read this....

http://www.thedefensefund.com/

cheerios
Old 13-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Eric Schreiber

(Vincent) wrote:

just wondering if anyone read this....
http://www.thedefensefund.com/

Oh yeah. I've been following the case for months now, and it's been
around far longer than that. Novak's original lawsuit was enough to
ensure that I never do business with his company. His antics since
then have been a lot like a car wreck - fascinating in a disturbing,
almost disgusting way, so that you just have to watch.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 13-05-2003, 07:32 AM
WD

"Vincent" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

just wondering if anyone read this....

http://www.thedefensefund.com/

I didn't see any new info there. That's *very* old news. The petswarehouse
thing has been discussed into the ground months, if not longer, ago.

billy

Old 13-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Vincent

Hi,

I only got to knew the case in-depth on moments ago. The case is not
over yet right?

There will always be some grounds for an accusation. Good companies
will question the truth behind the accusation before proceeding with
lawsuits of slander.

just my 2 cents.

Vincent

Old 13-05-2003, 11:08 AM
LeighMo

I only got to knew the case in-depth on moments ago. The case is not
over yet right?

No, it's not. John recently released a couple more updates. Apparently, N*vak
is now trying to hide his corporate assets, since he lost the countersuit. He
has a long history of doing stuff like that.

Leigh

Old 14-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Offy

"Vincent" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

just wondering if anyone read this....

http://www.thedefensefund.com/

I didn't see any new info there. That's *very* old news. The petswarehouse
thing has been discussed into the ground months, if not longer, ago.

billy

=====================

Billy and others:

There WAS an earthquake in Alabama. What had been driven into the
ground rose up g

http://forums.compuserve.com/gvforum...REA=Msgs&Sec=3

Excerpt of Benn's news:

"The Circuit Court of Colbert County, Alabama issued a "Special Writ
of Execution" in furtherance of my $50,000 judgment against Novak. In
this Writ the Court directed Tucows, Inc. (the domain registrar for
petswarehouse.com) to turn over custody and control of the domain the
Colbert County Sheriff for levy and sale. The Writ also directed the
USPTO to do the same with the trademark "Pets Warehouse."

Novak filed an "Emergency Motion for Stay" with the Alabama Court of
Civil Appeals to Stay issuance of the Writ. As best I can tell Novak's
Motion with the Court of Civil Appeals was filed yesterday. The Court
of Civil Appeals DENIED Novak's stay request."

Order Granting Special Writ of Execution:
http://216.168.47.67/psw/Docket3/Docket65.pdf

Denial of Motion for Stay by Alabama Court of Civil Appeals:
http://216.168.47.67/psw/Docket3/Docket69.pdf

Regards,
Offy
Old 14-05-2003, 11:08 PM
LeighMo

Excerpt of Benn's news:

"The Circuit Court of Colbert County, Alabama issued a "Special Writ
of Execution" in furtherance of my $50,000 judgment against Novak. In
this Writ the Court directed Tucows, Inc. (the domain registrar for
petswarehouse.com) to turn over custody and control of the domain the
Colbert County Sheriff for levy and sale. The Writ also directed the
USPTO to do the same with the trademark "Pets Warehouse."

Novak filed an "Emergency Motion for Stay" with the Alabama Court of
Civil Appeals to Stay issuance of the Writ. As best I can tell Novak's
Motion with the Court of Civil Appeals was filed yesterday. The Court
of Civil Appeals DENIED Novak's stay request."

Does that mean what I think it means? Bob's going to lose his domain name and
his trademark??

Or will he just buy it back at auction?

Leigh

Old 15-05-2003, 12:32 AM
LeighMo

It's a beautiful thing to see Novak get some of his own medicine.

Oh, yeah. Hoist on his own petard!

Leigh

Old 16-05-2003, 10:32 PM
SlimFlem

you know, large/medium/small corporations that act like this make me sick!
i'll always post what I think about a company and their business practices.
what's next, getting sued for reporting bad business practices to the
BBB?????????????????

Old 16-05-2003, 10:56 PM
LeighMo

what's next, getting sued for reporting bad business practices to the
BBB????????????????

No, but Bob Novak is suing the BBB.

Leigh

Old 19-05-2003, 08:20 PM
staring@tanks

"The Circuit Court of Colbert County, Alabama issued a "Special Writ
of Execution" in furtherance of my $50,000 judgment against Novak. In
this Writ the Court directed Tucows, Inc. (the domain registrar for
petswarehouse.com) to turn over custody and control of the domain the
Colbert County Sheriff for levy and sale. The Writ also directed the
USPTO to do the same with the trademark "Pets Warehouse."

Does that mean what I think it means? Bob's going to lose his domain name

and
his trademark??

It says turn over control, but gives no constraint to time... could end up
coming/going back to him....

Old 20-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Eric Schreiber

"staring@tanks" wrote:

Does that mean what I think it means? Bob's going to lose his
domain name and his trademark??

It says turn over control, but gives no constraint to time...
could end up coming/going back to him....

For levy and sale, though. Effectively, the court has ordered that the
property be seized to pay of Novak's debt to Benn. The sheriff will
have responsibility for selling the IP, probably via auction, and it's
entirely possible that Novak himself would buy it, though I don't
think it probable. Auctions tend to require immediate cash payment,
and it appears that he doesn't have any cash.

--
www.ericschreiber.com
Old 20-05-2003, 04:08 AM
news.so-net.com.hk

Hi,

The webpages doesn't seem to reflect the latest proceedings. Anywhere that I
can read up the latest?

Cheerios
Vincent

Old 20-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Eric Schreiber

"news.so-net.com.hk" vincent0@signentdotcomdotsg wrote:

The webpages doesn't seem to reflect the latest proceedings.
Anywhere that I can read up the latest?

The most thorough and up-to-date site is this:

http://www.petsforum.com/psw/Default.html

I've looked in at the domain registrar and trademark listings, and
they didn't show any activity yet as of last week.

--
www.ericschreiber.com

[IBC] I just read it for the articles! dalecochoy Bonsai 0 16-10-2003 05:22 PM
something to read about Vincent Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 18-07-2003 10:14 AM
"Burping" gravel Also, read this 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
OT - Read em slow RichToyBox Ponds 0 04-03-2003 02:28 AM
A good read Sacha United Kingdom 0 21-02-2003 03:44 PM