Old 18-05-2003, 01:56 AM
SlimFlem

Default started PMDD and CO2 today

Well, I probably won't be moving in a few weeks like I planned since GE
ended my contract this past Thursday. So, instead of waiting, I have gone
ahead and mixed some PMDD solution following the directions on The Krib and
started my DIY CO2 again until I can get the pressurized system. I use two
large wine containers. Each one is 3 liters filled to about 2.5 liters
after the ingredients are added. Last time I was using this, my PH leveled
out around 6.8. Should this be enough CO2 for a 75 gallon?

Also, at what point would it be ok to increase my light duration during the
day now that I've started CO2 again? Currently, as I've stated in other
threads, I have a Coralife 4 x 65 and run the 2 10000K's for 10 hours and
the 2 6500K's for about 4 - 4.5 hours a day.

Also, should I wait until my PMDD levels have leveled off and my PH is
stable from the CO2 before increasing light duration?

thanks a lot.

Old 18-05-2003, 12:20 PM
LeighMo

Last time I was using this, my PH leveled
out around 6.8. Should this be enough CO2 for a 75 gallon?

Depends on your KH. If you don't know your KH, what pH is your tank without
CO2 injection?

Also, should I wait until my PMDD levels have leveled off and my PH is
stable from the CO2 before increasing light duration?

IME, no. Once you increase your lighting, your plants will use a lot more PMDD
and CO2. So you'll have to find the balance all over again anyway.

Leigh

Old 18-05-2003, 02:08 PM
SlimFlem

Without CO2, my PH stays around 7.1 - 7.2 maybe a little higher as best I
can tell with my test kit. My KH before CO2 was staying around 2.

Old 18-05-2003, 02:44 PM
LeighMo

Without CO2, my PH stays around 7.1 - 7.2 maybe a little higher as best I
can tell with my test kit. My KH before CO2 was staying around 2.

Ideally, you want CO2 to bring your pH down to 6.6 or even 6.4 with that KH.
And you might find it difficult to keep enough CO2 in the tank once you
increase the lighting. With a 75 gallon tank and high light, DIY CO2 isn't
easy.

Leigh

Old 18-05-2003, 03:08 PM
SlimFlem

I hear ya. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get a pressurized system and take
my tank to the next level. =)

thanks.