GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Co2 and how to keep stable pH? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/23412-co2-how-keep-stable-ph.html)

Rodman 19-05-2003 01:54 AM

Co2 and how to keep stable pH?

Hey guys. I just purchased two Hagen CO2 Yeast units for my 40 gallon tank.
I know that introducing CO2 into the tank will cause the pH to lower,
however, is there a way to keep it stable? I know Hagen recommends to use
their pH stabilizer they sell in order to keep the pH stable. Has anyone
had any success with this? I just don't want the pH to swing around
possibly huring my fish. I really don't care though, if I can get a stable
low pH around 6.5-7.0. The fish can get used to that, I just want it to be
stable...

Thanks

Rodman