GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hair alge? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2681-re-hair-alge.html)

Zach987987987 10-02-2003 04:13 AM

hair alge?

have two of them in a 20 gallon tank "tall" they take care of the glass but I
havent seen them on the plants other than the dwarf lily

Zach987987987 10-02-2003 04:13 AM

hair alge?

C1000mg 11-02-2003 02:50 AM

hair alge?

Just use PhosGuard from Seachem and put your light in a timer for no more
then 8 hours, also get otto cats and any freshwater shrimp... if you are
usin fertilizer for your plants stop using it for about 2 weeks... that will
help !!!!!! it happen to me before now is completly gone, try to keep the
phosphate very low !!! and the shrimp will eat avery thing.............

"Zach987987987" wrote in message
If anyone could give me a hand on this one, I have a large amount of alge

grow
on my corkscrew vals.I manually rub them off once a week but as always

they
return.
the only place I can upload the pics to is yahoo photos its file #

DSCN0854

http://photos.yahoo.com/zach987987987

Paige Gallegos 11-02-2003 11:10 PM

hair alge?

We had a real problem with this also. I finally reduced the lighting hours
from 9-10 hours to only seven hours and slowly it all went away. I'm
thinking that too much light was giving the algae all the nutrients it
needed to grow and outdo my plants. Now the plants are growing great and
the algae is gone!!