GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plants on rocks (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2688-plants-rocks.html)

Greg Dalton 12-02-2003 11:45 AM

Plants on rocks

What are some good plants that can be placed between rocks or weighted
atop rocks...??

Looking for some plants that appear to grow out of the rocks...

Thanks

WD 12-02-2003 01:01 PM

Plants on rocks

"Greg Dalton" wrote in message
What are some good plants that can be placed between rocks or weighted
atop rocks...??

Looking for some plants that appear to grow out of the rocks...

Thanks

Java fern. They seem to attatch themselves to anything. I weighted a few
down for a week and they anchored themselves to the wood and rocks. Seem
quite happy there, too.

Billy

kush 12-02-2003 02:04 PM

Plants on rocks

Java fern and bolbitis are both easy and most varieties of anubias work. I
once had a really nice Anubias hastifolia I had tied to a rock that it's
roots entirely enwrapped - unfortunately a poorly-disciplined pl*co
destroyed it. Java moss (low light) and Riccia (high light) can both be
tied on to create a mossy look.

Aquatic-store.com 16-02-2003 09:22 PM

Plants on rocks

Java fern or anubius do great.