GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Taking the leap - lighting retrofit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2711-re-taking-leap-lighting-retrofit.html)

LeighMo 08-02-2003 11:55 AM

Taking the leap - lighting retrofit

Sounds like a beautiful, low-maintenance tank. I wouldn't change a thing. An
Eheim external filter would probably be overkill for a tank this size. And it
would only be something else to maintain.

Leigh

Eric Schreiber 11-02-2003 05:42 AM

Taking the leap - lighting retrofit

tose (LeighMo) wrote:

And I'm already using peat in my filter.

This has the side effect of lowering the pH, but a low
pH is not valuable in and of itself.

My mistake, I was confusing issues. My interest in lowering the pH
with peat was to improve conditions for my fish that prefer a lower pH
than my local water provides. I do understand that lowering pH through
non CO2 related means doesn't add to the CO2 level.

Where CO2 is concerned, I am encouraged by the numbers I see following
my rearrangement of the filter return flow to reduce turbulence, and
new recipes for my DIY mix.

--
www.ericschreiber.com