Old 06-02-2003, 09:34 AM
The Pope

Default Java Plants (UK) Sopplyer anyone used them?

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 14:07:38 +0000, Mike Edwardes
wrote:

I've used them and they were OK:
http://mike-edwardes.members.beeb.net/plant/lotech.html

With the weather in the UK over the last week, I suspect they are
protecting your investment by stopping all your plants freezing. Give
'em a chance.

Mike,
In the UK where all the Brass Monkeys are singing falsetto.

Well the end result is that the plants still haven't turned up and so
I sent them an email to cancel the order and ask for a refund. This
they told me they would do and I now have the refund..

The point is I contacted them several times and each time I was given
a different dispatch date so I now have to wonder if the plants were
sent at all.

The Pope

Old 06-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Flash Wilson

On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:34:03 +0000, The Pope wrote:
The point is I contacted them several times and each time I was given
a different dispatch date so I now have to wonder if the plants were
sent at all.

I placed an order with them just before Christmas.

In January I contacted them... "Where are my plants, you debited
my money the day I ordered!" I was also annoyed that their system
did not send out a confirming email (so be sure to capture the
order details from the screen).

They didn't answer my email for a week. By now I was very cross
as I order online all the time and this was the worst treatment
I'd ever had.

Then I got an email apologising and saying that the plants would
come out that week. No explanation, but they were coming.

Anyway, here is the important part:
When the plants arrived they were FANTASTIC quality and they
were very well packaged. I bought their smallest economy collection
and I was overjoyed. I even had plants to spare and had to give
some away! It was worth the wait.

The quality was so good (and the cost so low) that I will order
from them again. However I am going to be ringing them up - not
emailing - right after I place the order, to push for a delivery
date.

Because of the excellent quality I would recommend you order
with them again - but only if you have time to chase them so that
your order does actually arrive!

--
Flash Wilson
rant Outlook - Tools - Options - Mail Format - Plain Text

Old 13-02-2003, 02:49 PM
The Pope

Well some excellent service for a change. I faxed an order to Green
Line Aquatic Plants on Tuesday, quite late in the evening. Within
minutes I had a call from them as part of the fax wasn't readable. We
sorted out the order and it arrived this morning. The tank now looks
great. I know where I'll be ordering plants from in the future.

The Pope

Old 13-02-2003, 06:11 PM
Philip Ash

"The Pope" wrote in message
Well some excellent service for a change. I faxed an order to Green
Line Aquatic Plants on Tuesday, quite late in the evening. Within
minutes I had a call from them as part of the fax wasn't readable. We
sorted out the order and it arrived this morning. The tank now looks
great. I know where I'll be ordering plants from in the future.

The Pope

I am glad Andy did the biz for you too.
I have used Greenline many times over several years, and have always had
good service and great plants.

Phil.

Old 14-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Martin

Well my Green Line plants arrived on-time, we took a while sorting out the
order, but all was OK. The advice given on the phone was OK too.

The plants most were excellent - the Echinodorus Tenellus was a bit
bedraggled but there was much more of them than I had expected.....In any
case they will probably die off a bit before they start growing because of
the upheaval that they have endured.

All in all - a good response, good plants for reasonable cost. Packaging was
OK too and they were delivered cold (as it says on the box - perishable
goods - keep cool).