Old 08-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Christopher

Default quick question needing quick answer: what lighting?

I was told by a knowledable LFS guy that flora-glo's are just power-glo's
with less intensity, they have almost the same spectrum but are more
expensive, but as an added benefit the power-glo's are good for invert's and
fish, and also make the tank look brighter...

"Jason Marr" wrote in message
0...

I have a 27 gallon (somewhat heavily) planted tank, and it's definitely
time to replace my fluorescent tubes. I am still using the generic tubes
that came with my Marineland Eclipse 3 hood.

I'm pretty much sold on the Hagen lights...mainly because they are readily
available where we live. I'm having a hard time understanding whether I
should go with 2 Power-Glo tubes, or with 1 Power-Glo and 1 Flora-Glo. One
of the local fish stores recommends the 2 PGs, while the other recommends
one of each. What should I do?

Or, alternatively, should I go with something completely different?

Thanks,
Jason