GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant help please :) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/2761-plant-help-please.html)

SanDiegoFishes 14-02-2003 06:37 PM

Plant help please :)

Hey everyone,
I just set up a new tank and want to transfer some of my plants from another
tank into the brand new one. However, the old tank has snails (the wicked
little brown pond species). I DO NOT want to start snails in the new tank!
Help! What kind of plant soak can I do that will kill the snails and their
eggs? Most of the plants I will be transferring are amazon swords. The few
others are hornwort, watersprite and java ferns. Any DIY recipes? Something I
can buy at the fish store? Copper? Thanks so much! I am determined to keep this
planted tank snail free, LOL!
Best,
Fishes

Acgelok 16-02-2003 03:41 PM

Plant help please :)

Hey everyone,
I just set up a new tank and want to transfer some of my plants from another
tank into the brand new one. However, the old tank has snails (the wicked
little brown pond species). I DO NOT want to start snails in the new tank!
Help! What kind of plant soak can I do that will kill the snails and their
eggs? Most of the plants I will be transferring are amazon swords. The few
others are hornwort, watersprite and java ferns. Any DIY recipes? Something I
can buy at the fish store? Copper? Thanks so much! I am determined to keep
this
planted tank snail free, LOL!
Best,
Fishes

Just make sure your new tank has some loaches in it . I've never known a snail
to survive a hungry loach exept perhaps apple/mistery snails, they're to big
for most loaches Good luck Art

LeighMo 20-02-2003 04:28 AM

Plant help please :)

I've never known a snail
to survive a hungry loach exept perhaps apple/mistery snails, they're to big
for most loaches

No, they aren't. Even a baby loach can kill a full-grown apple snail. It may
take them awhile, but they can do it. They just harass them to death.

Leigh